Friday Night Reflections: Blazing Trails, Building Nations - Celebrating Women
This evening on Friday Night Reflections, we celebrate International Women’s Day, reflecting on the contribution of women in Muslim civilizations and honouring the extraordinary achievements of women across the spectrum of human activity.
Join journalist, actor and filmmaker Farah Merani as she explores women’s stories of resilience, courage and determination and discusses barriers faced as well as strategies for success with distinguished panel members:
• Rumina Velshi, President & CEO, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
• Dr. Karima Velji, Clinical Services Vice-President, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Science, and
• Dr. Salima Bhimani, Chief Equity & Inclusion Strategist, Alphabet Companies
Take part in a Kahoot quiz to test your knowledge of the historical and contemporary contributions of pioneering women in our faith and community, and reflect on the wisdom and experience of women who have chosen the road less travelled.
• A second broadcast will be shown at 8:30 pm Pacific | 9:30 pm Mountain
• Highlights from the Jubilee Arts Festival will be shown 15 minutes before the broadcast