SEED Program: Term 3 Registration Now Open
SEED (Supportive Environments and Experiences for Development) is an early childhood development program for Ismaili children from birth to four years of age and their parents and caregivers. SEED is now accepting registrations for Term 3, which begins this Saturday, April 10. Register now for either the Birth to 3 program, or SEED 3 for three to four year olds. Participants from Term 2 will have their registration carried forward.
SEED is an opportunity for parents and caregivers to:
- exchange parenting knowledge and experiences
- engage in interactive activities with their child in a social environment
- access resources and information geared specifically to the developmental age of their child
- meet other parents and families to build friendships and support networks
- share ideas on how to instil Shia Ismaili Muslim values in our children from the earliest years of life
In the Birth to 3 program, parents will receive one-on-one support and resources, and attend facilitated sessions where they can engage in small group discussions with other parents and caregivers.
SEED 3 for three to four year olds has a curriculum developed by ITREB Canada, which falls in between the original SEED program and the Kindergarten BUI program. The purpose is to offer children a faith-based curriculum in partnership with their parents, by intertwining real-life experiences with their faith. Weekly virtual classes will provide opportunities for children to practice concepts learned through: hands-on experiential activities; storytelling; and engaging and interactive lessons for varied learning styles. Early literacy, music and movement, and spirituality are all part of this program, which promotes both spiritual and faith-based learning, and school-readiness experiences.