Expanded Mask Requirement and COVID-19 Vaccine Registration for Ages 5 to 11
The BC Ministry of Health has announced two imporant changes for children age 5 and up.
- Masks are now mandatory in indoor spaces for everyone from age 5 and up.
- Registration is open for children aged 5 to 11 years old to receive their COVID-19 vaccine.
Families are encouraged to register their children so that they can be vaccinated once Health Canada approves a vaccine for this age group.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is an important step in reducing the spread both within the Jamat and amongst the community at large.
You can do your part to reduce transmission of COVID-19. Here’s how:
- Get on the list for the vaccine via the Get Vaccinated registration portal. You will be contacted when it's time to book.
- Follow the local health rules.
- Continue to follow safety protocols including wearing masks in public, observing physical distancing and sanitizing often.
More information about eligibility and appointment booking is available at: How to Get Vaccinated for COVID-19.