Health and Safety Guidance for the Re-opening of Calgary Jamatkhanas
President Fauzia Lalani-Khudabux and Chairman Zahra Shajani discuss safeguarding the health of the Jamat.
As we prepare to reopen Jamatkhanas in Calgary it is important to be aware of the latest health and safety precautions
- Volunteers have been specially trained on updated health and safety protocols and we humbly request your cooperation in following their guidance.
- Maintain physical distance of at least 2 meters from anyone outside your household at all times while in and outside of Jamatkhana.
- If you are sick, please stay home. Get tested and follow the mandatory isolation public health orders. Going against these laws and recommendations will put the Jamat at risk.
- Stay home if you or a household member have been exposed or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Sanitize your hands frequently.
- Before entering Jamatkhana, all murids age 2 years and older are required to wear a properly fitted face covering. The mask should be made of at least 3 layers and should covers your nose and mouth completely. Keep it on at all times including inside the building, the prayer hall and in the parking lot. Please note face shields or clear plastic face masks, duppatas or scarves, are not permitted as a substitute to masks.
- If you or a loved one experiences symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for the virus, please promptly consult your physician and inform us by calling the ACCESS line.
Please know that we here to support you – and are happy to answer your questions and address your concerns. Please reach out via the ACCESS line.