Summer Reflections: An Echo of Dreams
For the past 36 years, the Ismaili Centre, Vancouver, has served as a space for social and community gatherings, intellectual engagement and reflection, and spiritual contemplation. In honor of the diverse artistic and cultural expressions that audiences have been treated to at the Centre, we invite you to experience this magnificent space once more through the arts.
Join host Nafeesa Karim as she travels through the Ismaili Centre with six special guests.
- Kevin Kelly, a member of the Musqueam and Kwantlen First Nations people, welcomes us to the space with a short performance recognizing the history of the land on which we reside
- Lia Fallah takes us through the tranquil courtyard, with a traditional Persian dance
- In the courtyard, Taslim Samji shares an original spoken-word piece centered around the spirit of community and inclusivity
- Within the iconic loggia, Ahmad Reza Rezai shares an inspiring recitation of Rumi's work
- Finally, in the social hall, Mohamed Assani and Jeanette Bernal-Singh, from the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, treat us to a musical set that showcases an array of cultures, as an ode to the Centre as a place that welcomes a daily confluence of cultures, peoples, stories, and ideas.