Ismaili CIVIC Blood Drive
Ismaili CIVIC Blood Drive
We invite you to take part in this year's Blood Drive!
Did you know that each blood donation can help save up to three lives? Or that, in Canada, someone needs blood every 60 seconds? Blood is one of the most precious gifts that anyone can give to another person - the gift of life. Yet only 4% of those eligible to donate in Canada do so and help sustain our national blood system, which is in need.
The need for blood donations is always great - every day someone in Canada needs blood, and the COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t changed that.
Through the month of June, join Ismaili CIVIC in donating blood with the Canadian Blood Services, and help us meet this ongoing need by signing up and donating blood.
Donations will take place at designated locations on the following days:
Wednesday, June 16
- The Pipe Shop: 115 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver
Thursday, June 17
- Canadian Blood Services, Victoria, 3449 Saanich Rd, Victoria
Saturday, June 19
- Vancouver Donor Centre: 4750 Oak St, Vancouver
Saturday, June 26
- Maywood Community School: 4567 Imperial Street, Burnaby
- Canadian Blood Services, Victoria: 3449 Saanich Rd, Victoria
- Set up an account on blood.ca or on the GiveBlood app.
- Select "Eligibility Quiz" from the menu to check your eligibility.
- Select “partners” from the menu.
- Select “join a team” and search PFL ID# CANA0089577 - a drop-down list will appear.
- View your team Canadian Ismaili Muslim Community - Vancouver BC.
- Book your appointment through your team bookings (visible under your team) and select a date & time that works for you.
For donations to count towards the Jamat's Ismaili CIVIC pledge, please register with the following information:
- Canadian Ismaili Muslim Community - Vancouver BC
- PFL ID# CANA0089577
First-time donors: After your first successful donation and after you receive your donor card in the mail, go back into your online profile and add in your donor card number. Once your donor card (and email address) is on your profile, you will receive an email on the day of your donation with your health questionnaire to fill out. Bring it with you to your appointment on your phone, tablet, or paper copy.
Donors who have already completed a successful donation - if your donor card number and email address is on your profile, you will receive your health questionnaire on the day of your appointment. Fill it out ahead of time and bring it with you to your appointment on your phone, tablet or paper copy.
Enhanced wellness measures and appointment-only donations seek to protect the safety of donors, staff, and volunteers. At Canadian Blood Services donor centres, screening questions, masking and additional personal protective equipment, hand hygiene, physical distancing, and increase environmental cleaning are in place.